- 2 cans of organic northern or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, pressed or minced
- 8 oz of organic chicken broth (I love the Pacific brand chicken bone broth, but you can substitute with their veggie broth as well)
- 3 bundles of sage
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Add garlic, sage, and olive oil to soup pot on low to medium heat. Cook garlic until golden
- Add the beans, a bit of salt and pepper and turn heat to low and cover. Simmer for 5-6 minutes
- Uncover, add the broth and simmer for another 8-10 min or until some beans have broken down and made the liquid creamy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- You can thin this out a bit with more broth or water if desired.
This recipe has quickly become one of our favorites! I try to find different ways to add bone broth to recipes because of it’s nutritive value. Of course, it would provide even more if you used your own homemade broth.
Also, what’s great about this recipe is that it can be wonderful alone with some veggie sides and makes for a great meatless meal. Not only that, you can add veggies into it like cooked zucchini, tomatoes or kale or add a little breakfast kick with an egg on top! It would make a great holiday appetizer as well dipped with a toasted baguette.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! Feel free to add other herbs that you love, onions or additional garlic!